We’ve been a bit over quiet since the last post in the run up to the 2018 Science Festival. Excuse: it was a great, busy, success and we’ve been recovering ever since.
A bit weak really, but anyway we are now well into 2019, planning is under way for this year’s festival but before then we have 3 great Science Cafés to keep you informed and entertained.
With spring just around the corner (we live in hope!) we kick off on Thursday March 14th at 7.30pm with the usual diverse range of topics: phages, football science and decontaminating grandad!
Tickets are just £5 (under 18s free) so come and join us for another great evening. The full details are here on the Science Café page.
We are now counting down to Otley Science Festival 2018 and tickets for the great range of events are selling fast. Don’t miss your chance to see TV star scientists, live pyrotechnics, a Great British Bake Off finalist and more right here in Otley.
Here are the headlines:
- Monday 5th, 7.30pm : Marty Jopson – Invisible Worlds: a microscopic safari
- Tuesday 6th, 7.30pm : Festival Science Café
- Wednesday 7th, 7.30pm : Matthew Tosh – Fireworks: Real Science or Just Bangs?
- Thursday 8th, 7.45pm : The Shape Of Water (2017) – Otley Film Society
- Friday 9th, 12.30pm : Science Lunch – Serendipity and Suitcases: a physicist’s approach to new materials
- Friday 9th, 7.30pm : Alice Roberts – Tamed: three species that changed our world
- Saturday 10th, 10am-4pm : Science Fair – free – with something for everyone
- Saturday 10th, 7.30pm : Andrew Smyth – Bakineering In Space
Find all the details here and make sure you don’t miss out!
5th – 10th November
The schedule is complete, the Otley Courthouse Autumn programme is published and tickets are on sale. Book early to make sure you don’t miss out (some people did last year).
Once again we have a great line up with diverse speakers, sessions for schools (and even younger ones), a film, an evening Science Café and that regular favourite, the Science Lunch.
You can find the details on our Festival 2018 page
Here’s the flyer for September’s Science Café. There are more details on the Science Café page.
We can now announce the speakers and sessions for our next Science Café on Thursday September 20th, at 7.30pm
The wide ranging topics will cover “How do psychologists decide who to release from prison and can we ever really predict behaviour?”, “How to make Smart Cities more human” and “Emley Moor – From Camera to Screen”.
More details are here on the Science Café page. Don’t miss it!
Delighted to say that we have now published our 2018 Schools Programme. 3 days of entertaining and inspiring sessions for primary school pupils, November 6th – 8th.
Find the details on our Schools page